Saturday, October 31, 2015

BSF leader's sharing (31 Oct 2015)

Session started at 6.30am instead of our usual 5.45am
Took a good 2hrs for all the sharing ....
I had to rush to the JV event at Sarah Activity Centre  (SAC).
**************
This year there was many events that happended in my life .... looking back on my journey this year as well as the study of the "Life of Moses"  … I learned that
i) like Moses … when he was first called to serve God … he put up excuses … so did I
ii) But in my darkest hour this year …. When I was brought to my knees to pray (for my brother) … God showed his mercy and love … most importantly … that my God is able & mighty (he is a giant that can overcome any obstacles in my life … what God wanted was for me to turn and trust him) … nothing is impossible for Him .... all I needed to do was trust in God's faithfulness & provision
– how wonderfully he answered my prayer for healing brother ….
- The journey of getting me and my family over safely to the US and the many moments of God’s grace and protection (from getting connections on multiple flights, long drives, keeping us safe …. ) … reminds me that God is great!!
iii) The calling to serve came again … I did have concerns …. Availability of time and work commitments …. After prayer, God reminded me of many instance He had cleared days cluttered with deadlines and deliveries of tough assignments … to allow me to be at BSF on Tuesdays evenings.  I only need to trust Him …. He will deliver …. I was putting up excuses (not me send someone else)
iv) After much prayer and reflection ….. I took a step of faith and asked God to guide and the HS to lead me when I take on the GL role … I committed to BSF on 3rd Jul 2015 … I can say that the requirements have been tough … but God had not let me struggle alone .. I can feel that he is with me and guiding me in this new journey that I am taking. I also have new fellow GL who are encouraging and also meet up to be in the company of men of faith ... to encourage each other.
I pray that I can learn from Moses' example and have strength to focus on the end which is to keep my eyes fixed on God and to fulfill his purpose for me. That I can be a faithful servant dispite of my flaws … like what HoweLai said in the last lesson … God do no choose men who are flawless …   God can use me even with my flaws … the important thing is my heart is focused on his purpose and I obey and be faithful for Him to lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment